Join us as we look back at 2021 and reflect on the year’s massive adoption of crypto. The year was packed with growth for BitPay, new merchant partners, and the crypto community. From celebrating our 10 year anniversary to launching new BitPay features to major retailers announcing the acceptance of crypto payments to being featured in top publications, we’re excited to look back with you and get hyped for what 2022 will be bringing the crypto world. Of course, we want to hear your predictions for 2022, so don’t miss out on our polls below!
In This Issue:
Crypto Prices Surge in 2021
What an amazing year 2021 was for crypto prices. Bitcoin started 2021 at $29,374.15 and ended the year at $46,306.45. This was an increase of $16,932.30. Did you get to enjoy this nearly 58% increase? See the below chart for how other BitPay supported coins did in 2021. Where will we end 2022?
BitPay in the Spotlight
It was hard to narrow down the moments we are most excited to share from the past year, but here are some of our favorites.
New Products and Services from BitPay in 2021
The BitPay team was hard at work this year with new launches to make it easier to buy, store, spend and swap your favorite crypto.
- BitPay Wallet app users can send and receive Ethereum tokens DAI and WBTC utilizing the integration with WalletConnect.
- BitPay customers can buy and sell crypto right in their app with Changelly. Now you can buy and store crypto, make online payments, buy gift cards and turn bitcoin into dollars.
- BitPay continued to find solutions that allow customers to live on crypto by adding contactless solutions to pay for everyday purchases with Apple Pay and Google Pay.
- This year the BitPay app welcomed three new cryptocurrencies for customers to Buy, Store, Spend and Swap: Shiba Inu, Dogecoin, and Litecoin.
How BitPay Has Been Leading the Industry
- Bill Zielke, Chief Marketing Officer of BitPay, made a guest appearance on PayPod: The Payments and Fintech Podcast, talking about the mechanisms that enable merchants to accept crypto as payment. Listen to the podcast now.
- Our CFO, Jagruti Solanki, sat down with PYMNTS to discuss the findings of our survey of more than 8,000 U.S. consumers that highlighted the motives that are now compelling people to want to spend cryptocurrency. Hear why she thinks crypto is here to stay.
BitPay Merchants Leading the Adoption in 2021
Our new and longtime BitPay merchants made the news this year announcing new and innovative ways they are adopting crypto.
Latest Industry News
Pacaso Home of the Month
A seamless blend of casual California elegance and Greek-resort luxury, this custom Malibu estate will have you dreaming of Santorini sunsets. Behind two private gates, discover a pristine palm-lined 2-acre property with mature olive and fruit trees, then step inside the impeccable main residence to experience the exquisite craftsmanship throughout. Combined with the remodeled guest house, the property offers 7 bedrooms and 11 bathrooms.
Cost: $2,232,000 for 1/8 ownership
Address: 27405 Pacific Coast Hwy, Malibu, CA
See all listings
Now we want to hear from you on your predictions for 2022! Vote below:
Forrester Study Shows Accepting Crypto Attracts New Customers & Boosts AOV
A commissioned study for BitPay from Forrester Research confirmed what merchants are already discovering in real-life practice: that businesses adopting bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies as payment methods experience, on average, 40% more customers, a twofold increase in order values, and fewer chargebacks, among many other benefits.
Next Article: What is Solana Cryptocurrency?
Next Article:Ethereum price prediction
Next Article: Cryptocurrency for Dummies
Next Article: Is crypto the future?